Pages

Translate

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Haul 1: KoreaDepart plus review

Hello everyone!  After a long deliberation (being it is my first time to online shop at an another country) and drooling at the many Korean cosmetics and brands on sale at KoreaDepart.  I decided to try and shop from them. 

But first, a little background about Koreadepart.com:

COMPANY PROFILE

Koreadepart is an online shopping mall that sells a various kind of cosmetics, clothing, accessories and food in Korea. All items are shipped directly from Korea. So you can be assured all products are 100% authentic! No fakes, No imitations! We have a plentiful quantity of the trendiest and newest Korean wave products that most Korean top stars and artists are currently using. So you can get what you want easily and directly from Korea by online shopping.
* Taken from their website: en.koreadepart.com

And now, for my transaction summary:

Placed order: April 14, 2013
Payment confirmed: April 14, 2013
Order shipped: April 16, 2013
Order Received: April 20, 2013 
Order obtained from the Customs Office: May 6, 2013



Box opened, ooh plenty of bubble wrap :)


So excited to take out the items.

My humble purchase. Yay for the free samples

The following would be the items I ordered from them, with its prices in US Dollars converted to Philippine Peso at $1- P43.7863:

Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake All-over Color in OR202 - $ 6.21 (P 272)
It's Skin Power 10 Formula VE Effector - $ 6.91 (P 302)
Holika Holika Baby Bloom Powder Pact (SPF 25, PA ++) in Light Beige - $8.67 (P 380)
Holika Holika Silky Veil Primer- $11.24 (P 492)
Innisfree Lavender Moisture Firming Lotion - $ 8.90 (P 390)
Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick in BG401- $ 6.79 ( P 297)

TOTAL : $ 48.72 + $ 5 (shipping by registered airmail)= $ 53.72
                P 2,133.90 + P 218.75 = P 2,352.65

Review on Koreadepart:

Ups:

- fast shipping (it only takes 2 weeks until I received my order). But you can opt for EMS (at a flat rate of $ 20) if you want to receive it in 1 week but still depending on your country.
- affordable prices
- great product selection being all popular brands  are for sale like Etude House, Face Shop, Laneige and etc.
- clean and easy navigation
- good customer service
- plenty of free samples

Downs:
- some products that I want is unavailable or discontinued.

All in all, I am a satisfied customer and would love to purchase from them again.  Please do to purchase from them (or any online shops) and please tell me your experience in the comments below. And if you have any questions, please ask. And I'll be glad to answer them.

12 comments:

  1. hi! how much did customs charge you? im a little concern about that..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading. I was charged P50 in customs tax. And you're welcome ^^

      Delete
  2. hi! m a bit concern about shipping. coz i had this bad experience with purchasing an item, then i ended up being asked to go to pasay while my shipping address was in qc. so, my question is, if the shipping is via registered mail would it be claimed in the nearest post office or central post office... just dnt want another bad experience here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the late reply. From what I experienced I always pick up my parcels at Makati post office since my shipping address is in Makati. I heard that if the value of the package is very high, it will be claimed at Pasay.
      As by registered mail, I will get back to you since I am still waiting for my package since I always use the air parcel shipping :)
      Thanks for the comment and God bless!

      Delete
  3. Hi there, Im planning to buy from Koreadepart. I was wondering if you were given a tracking number and were you able to track the parcel online? I thought the standard shipping is fixed to 5$ for Philippines. How come yours was 7$? How did you know that your parcel already arrived at Makati Post Office/customs? Sorry for asking a lot of questions. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sorry for the late reply ^^ I made a mistake for the price of standard shipping and you are correct that it is fixed at $5. Thanks for pointing it out ^^
    Koreadepart will give a tracking number as they ship out your order. And you can track your parcel here in the Philippines by using this website: http://tnt.phlpost.gov.ph/index.asp
    Hope this helps ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever tried beautynetkorea? I heard na okay daw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) Not yet tried beautynetkorea. But I will try to shop from them in the future, hehe.

      Delete
  6. Another question: did you use CC? Did you pay any other fees aside from $53 from the credit card company?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.. Yes I paid by using credit card through Paypal. And I don't pay for other fees besides the set exchange rate of dollar to peso that day. Just a tip: if you pay by paypal be sure to change the conversion option of "bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" to save money. I hope this helps and thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, I wanted to order at Korea Depart, I was almost there, I was about to buy Item, but while i was surfing online i saw a blog that they had a horoble experience buying online because the customs charged them almost more thank half of their Shipping costs, Can you please give me a tip on what will do to save money and to avoid customs to over priced my Items? Thankyou and Gobless you, More blogs to come :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, first and foremost thanks for reading my blog :) In lessening the customs tax, the only tip that I can give you, is to not buy above $50, including the total order price plus shipping. Hope this tip helps you :)
      Thank you again and God bless.

      Delete

Thank you for reading... So, what do you think? (#^.^#)