Pages

Translate

Friday 21 August 2015

BPI Express Start Program Experience

Credit cards, credit cards, what can we do without you?  Having a credit card is something that I wanted to have ever since I have a job. With all the online shopping that I am doing, it is really a must and less hassle because I borrow credit card from my siblings.

Having started a job, and no tax documents, how can I apply for one?  When most credit cards needed the following:

A.Proof of Identification 




Passport including those issued by foreign governments


Driver's License


PRC ID
  NBI Clearance
  Police Clearance
  Postal ID


Voter's ID


Tax Identification Number


Barangay certification


GSIS e-Card


SSS card


Senior Citizen Card
  OWWA ID
  OFW ID
  Seaman's book
  Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
  Government office and GOCC ID (e.g., AFP, HDMF IDs)
  Certification from the NCWDP
  DSWD certification
  IBP ID; and
  Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by BSP, SEC or IC

B.  Proof of Income
For employed:

  • Certificate of employment or Contract of Employment (for overseas Filipino workers)
  • Latest pay slips
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR or tax stamps
For self-employed:

  • Latest Audited Financial Statements (AFS) with BIR or bank stamp AND latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR or bank stamp
Source:  BPI 

Oh my, proof of identification is easy peazy but Proof of Income no way, blame it on my impatience. I find ways in searching for having a credit card without presenting income documents. Which led me to a solution, SECURED CREDIT CARDS.

What is Secured Credit Cards:

Secured Credit Card is a credit card that you need to fund with your own money upon application.  The bank would hold the money for a year (in case of BPI, not sure with other banks) in case that you fail to pay your bill. 

After a year, if you have proven yourself as a good payer you can ask to get the collateral money.

Plus, it will be a sort of a testing ground for first time credit card users if they can manage to have a credit card.

My Experience:

Lucky me, that BPI has the secured credit card program called Express Start.  I only presented the following documents:

  • 1 valid ID
  • Minimum P 10,000 (the amount you hold as collateral is the basis for your credit limit which is 40-60% and you can add in more)
  • One 1x1 photo (for non- BPI account holders)

After that I filled up forms and waited.  After a week, I have received my delivered credit card which is the Blue Mastercard and the BPI Credit Card account is added at my BPI online account.

So far, using it is a lot like using regular credit cards and I set a budget for spending my credit card.

After a year:

My BPI Secured Credit Card is upgraded to a regular credit card. Yaay!  But I need to settle my outstanding balance before I can ask to get my collateral money :)

Will update you soon regarding to getting my collateral :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading... So, what do you think? (#^.^#)