Pages

Translate

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Haul 1: RoseRose Shop + Mortifying experience at Customs

Hello everyone!  For a very long time, I had been contemplating of buying my cosmetics at an online shop called Rose Rose Shop.  It is an South Korean based company that started at Ebay as rubyruby76 that sells cosmetics from many brands like Etude House, Clio, 3CE and many more. They also sell fashion and electronic items, food and stationery.

Payment is by Paypal or credit Card and Shipping is depending on the order weight, geographic location, and shipping method (EMS or Registered Mail). They ship 3 days after payment is made.

For more delivery information you can check out this.

Upon reading many positive reviews, I immediately register as a member, which is a must since it is easier and faster to order and more importantly is where you receive your tracking number. And browse from their cosmetics section which is very tempting to buy a lot because they sell at 20%- 80% off, wholesale, free delivery items and also samples.

Then I finally decided with these:

REFERENCEPRODUCTQUANTITYUNIT PRICETOTAL PRICE
Total products : 42.29 $
Total shipping : 9.79 $
Total: 52.08 $

Shipping Method: Registered Mail

TIMELINE

Payment and order confirmed:  September 24, 2014

Shipped: September 26, 2014

Received at local post office: October 10, 2014




Unwrapped goodies

Sample Galore

THE MORTIFYING EXPERIENCE
The mortifying customs tax  :(

<sigh> I knew it, that buying at $52.08 is such a gamble but I take the risk of buying it since I am confident from my previous orders with the same price that I paid with only a postage fee of Php 50.

But Lo and behold, I got taxed a lot!  My relative (the one I assigned as my delivery address since it is faster at Manila) picked up my package at our local post office but the employee at the post office asked for the invoice before they release the package.  My relative immediately presented the invoice, and the good old Philippine Customs people billed the postage fee of P 100 and Customs tax of Php 1, 141.  My relative disputed the customs tax since it is declared as gift and at $20 value, and the total order is only $ 42.29. But the Customs people declared that shipping is included as well and imports that is above $ 50 is subjected to customs tax.  And so, he just paid them and not argue.

<sigh> This is such a bummer and a burn, LESSON LEARNED: Please do not repeat the same mistake as I did and buy below $50, please take note that shipping is included as well. And I think that packages declared as gift and at lower value trick does not work because the Customs people knows about it and look for an invoice or proof that it is truly a gift.

This may be my last order from abroad and/or I am right now in my online shopping abroad break :( It is such a waste when I finally discovered Rose Rose Shop as another favorite shop , because they ship fast and goods are properly packaged, gives out a lot a lot samples and sells at affordable prices.  Oh well,  maybe or maybe not next time :(




1 comment:

  1. Ohh I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience~ ; ^ ;
    We are very lucky here in Australia that this does not happen! ; ~ ;

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading... So, what do you think? (#^.^#)