Pages

Translate

Saturday 26 October 2013

World Beauty: Singapore Trip - Travel Diary + Makeup Haul




Hello everyone! A super super late post ^^; It is about my travel to Singapore last June 5 - 8, 2013. Going there I had been amazed with the discipline, food, cleanliness, attractions, and the many rules, it is plenty ^^

This would be a very long post, and I cut it into 2 parts; the first part would be the places we go to with a little bit of a story and the last part would be my small haul.

And without further ado,
TRAVEL DIARY

We have 4 days and 3 nights there, and our itinerary is jam-packed.

Day 1 (June 6, 2013):
We traveled to Singapore in the wee hours of the morning by Cebu Pacific.  At exactly 10 am we arrived at Singapore and checked in  at 5 Footway Inn at Chinatown, rooms are clean, the staff are approachable and kind, location is good, it is a walking distance to MRT and the various souvenir shops and the hawkers center.



My dog Mocha, saying"If mommy is going to leave, I am going to sleep here."



We freshen up and eat the hawkers, which by the way the food is delicious and affordable ^^ We shop around Chinatown and in the evening we went to IMM Mall to shop. IMM Mall is known to have plenty of known brands like Cotton On, Timbaland and the like. There is also the Watsons and the Guardian Pharmacy Store.  I would love to shop around but unfortunately I am sick so I just wait at the restaurant for my companions :(

With my dad, en route to IMM Mall


After that we rest and onto Day 2.

Day 2 (June 7, 2013) Resorts World Sentosa Day:

The day we went to Resorts World Sentosa, yaay! And finally my camera is ready to go and do its job :)  And finally I am well, double yay!

The first and the most exciting part is the Universal Studios.  The place is huge and I have a lot of fun just walking around the place, riding a few rides and taking pictures on the side.
Universal Studios, yaay there is Hersheys^^
Me at the entrance


My favorite area, Fantasy Land
To make up most of our time, in the afternoon, we also went to the Singapore Ocean Park. And oh my gosh, the place is huge and the marine life is plenty and amazing.
Amazing marine life and the huge aquarium

After satisfying our eyes seeing the beauty of marine life. We went back to Universal Studios to wait for the evening to watch the famous Crane Dance.  Watching the show is very worthwhile, it is so cute and it tells a love story between the cranes. And after the show, we bring our tired selves back at our temporary home and rest for another exciting day ^^.


Day 3 (June 8, 2013)- Marina  Bay Sands Day



As we are going to Marina Bay, the weather is cloudy and it seems it is going to rain. Hopefully not... The first area we visited is the Merlion Park. Seeing the symbol of Singapore, Merlion up close is really amazing.
Add caption


 After that, seeing the Marina Bay Sands is too far to walk and that the taxi is expensive. We decided upon riding the Singapore Ferry. Riding the Singapore Ferry is really fun, it is educational and we get to see all of Singapore like Clark Quay, Mica Building, Fullerton Hotel,  Raffles Hotel, People of the River Statues, old location of the Merlion, Riverside Point and many more.  And we are lucky that the boatman is Filipino and we are able to talk about how life for OFW is like in Singapore (mostly my father talks with him, I'm mostly taking pictures, hehe). We alight at Marina Bay Sands Mall.


Singapore Ferry 

Me with my Family



Upon arriving at Marina Bay Sands, I was amazed with the place. It is so beautiful and all luxurious brands is in there. But the place is really expensive. We went to Garden by the Bay, the view is spectacular even more so during the night. It has a lot of areas like the Flower Dome, World of Plants, Cloud Forest, and Heritage Gardens. But we don't get to visit it :( We went straight to the Supertree Grove by passing OCBC Skyway and Dragonfly and Kingfisher Lakes.
Gardens by the Bay is not only beautiful but is functional, Supertree Grove absorbs solar energy therefore decreases energy consumption.  I hope we had these in the Philippines.

                           

    


As the night is coming closer, we went to watch the Wonderfull Light and Water Show.  It truly is wonderful and very touching.  It tells about the story of both man and woman who are childhood friends from their birth to their children and grandchildren.  And that nature should be cared for.  At the end, my favorite song What a Wonderful World is played.  After of all these, we went home and rested ourselves for our final day.

Waiting for the show





Day 4 (June 9, 2013):  Shopping Day

The most awaited day and the most boring day for the guys, hehe.  The first stop in the morning is IKEA, it is my first time going here but I am hearing about this store. Shopping here is great, there are a lot of cute items and functional too. It is affordable and comparable but there are plenty of unique items.  And the chocolates are cheap.  

The next stop is Anchorpoint Mall, the mall is quaint. And I had bought my makeup at Watsons and Guardian.  I also bought my leather bag here for P 300, lucky.  After that we  went to Funan Digitalife Mall for the guys to be satisfied since it is famous for the gadgets and techie stuff. And I am shocked that the gadgets are a thousands or more cheaper than in the Philippines. Next time, I would save up and buy my gadgets there.

The final stop is the Bugis Junction.  I am so excited to look around and shop but I cannot stop converting the prices to peso.  As I look around for Korean cosmetic brands, I only see Etude House and Tony Moly here. And I am very shocked that the prices are more expensive than in the Philippines. And so, I only buy a few (sigh...).  As we are going home back to Manila, nobody mentions to me that there is a Korea Town there (double sigh...) and I only bought few items since I had not anticipated that the prices are so expensive (triple sigh...) Oh well, we can always go back here ^^. 
My humble haul


My purchases include:

Canmake Heavy Rotation Creamy Cheeks - Pink 

Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette- Classic Chic 

Face Shop Face it BB Cream- Light Beige 

ZA Cosmetics Perfect Concealer- 01 

Face Shop Lovely Me Ex Powder Pact- Light Beige

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream

ZA Cosmetics Hydro Energy Mist 

Thus, this ends our amazing Singapore trip. Reviews for the products I had purchased would soon follow. ^^ And if you guys been at Singapore, please leave your comments below.  Till my next post!
                    


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading... So, what do you think? (#^.^#)